Slow Cooker Moroccan-Style Chicken Potato Stew
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 8
A flavorful slow cooker recipe made with chicken drumsticks and Simply Potatoes® slowly cooked in a spicy combination of Moroccan seasonings. If you like a lot of heat in your stew opt for the higher range of ground red pepper and crushed red pepper.
Products Near You
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 package (1 pound 8 ounces) chicken drumsticks*
- 1 package Simply Potatoes; Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 1/2 cups baby-cut carrots
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) stewed tomatoes; un-drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In 10-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic. Cook, turning chicken occasionally, until browned. Drain grease.
- In 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker add Simply Potatoes and carrots. Top with browned chicken and garlic. In small bowl stir cumin, ginger, ground red pepper and crushed red pepper until well blended. Sprinkle over chicken and Simply Potatoes. Add chicken broth. Cover; cook on LOW heat for 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir in tomatoes and raisins. Increase heat to HIGH. Cover; cook for 15 minutes. Stir in lemon juice just before serving.