Bacon and Potato Quiche
Prep Time: 30
Cook Time: 40
Eggs, potatoes and bacon — the holy trinity of breakfast food. Rimmed with pie crust and topped off with cheese, this dish will make your guests want to quiche the cook.
Products Near You
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1/2 bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add potatoes, cover, and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and cook for 4 to 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove pie crust from refrigerator and fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Crimp the edges with your fingers or a fork. Cover with a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place pie weights or dried beans on top. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and pie weights and bake another 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Scatter half or potato/onion mixture and half of bacon over bottom of pie crust. Top with half of cheese. Repeat layers.
- Pour egg mixture on top. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Place quiche in oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool at least 20 minutes before slicing.