Loaded Mashed Potato Patties
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 18
Golden medallions of baked perfection. Packed with bacon and cheese and garnished with sour cream and green onions, you might just have to skip dessert.
Products Near You
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Mashed Potatoes (any flavor)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, more for garnish
- 8 oz shredded Colby-Monterey Jack Cheese blend
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, cheese, green onions, bacon and egg. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Roll the mashed potato mixture into 1 inch balls, then roll in bread crumbs mixture, flatten to a thickness of less than 1/2 inch.
- For baking - preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or use a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Add mashed potato patties to cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned slightly, flip patties and return to oven for 2-3 minutes.
- For frying - add 2 tablespoons butter to medium hot skillet, cook until browned and then flip and cook until browned.