Italian Quiche with Hash Brown Crust
Prep Time: 25
Cook Time: 25
Italian country meets American diner in this hearty quiche with a crispy, hash brown crust. With Italian sausage and peppers, this quiche recipe makes a satisfying breakfast or brunch.
Products Near You
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Garlic and Herb Hash Browns
- 3 tablespoons Crystal Farms® Butter, melted
- 1/2 lb uncooked ground Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 425° F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. In medium bowl stir together Simply Potatoes and Crystal Farms butter. Press Simply Potatoes into bottom and sides of pie plate to form a crust. Bake crust 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook Italian sausage over medium heat until browned. Drain grease. Add red bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon Italian sausage mixture into baked crust. In medium bowl whisk together eggs and half and half. Pour over sausage mixture.
- Reduce heat to 350° F. Return quiche to oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center of quiche is set.