Irish Beef Stew
Prep Time: 25
Cook Time: -24
Dark beer, such as Guinness, gives this hearty beef and potato stew a wee bit of rich, Irish flavor.
Products Near You
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- salt,coarse ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds beef stew meat*
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Red Potato Wedges
- 2 cups thickly sliced carrots
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups dark beer
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- In plastic resealable bag combine flour, desired salt and pepper. Add stew meat. Shake to coat meat with flour.
- Heat oil in 4 quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add stew meat, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is browned. Drain grease.
- Add all remaining ingredients except parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until meat and vegetables are tender (1 to 1 ¼ hours). Stir in parsley before serving.**
- * For a more authentic Irish stew, substitute lamb for beef stew meat.
** Stew can be made up to 2 days in advance. Cool; cover and refrigerate. To reheat, bring to a simmer on the stove top before serving.