Cheesy Mashed Potato Egg Casserole
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 40
Eggs nestled in a bed of garlic mashed potatoes and sprinkled with cheese and crispy bacon. Whether it’s breakfast for dinner or dinner for breakfast, this is a recipe you’ll find any excuse to make.
Products Near You
- 2 packages Simply Potatoes Mashed Potatoes, prepared according to package directions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package (16 oz) bacon, prepared and crumbled, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine potatoes, garlic, pepper, salt, 1 cup cheese and half of the crumbled bacon. Mix until combined.
- Spray 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray. Spread mashed potato mixture in bottom of pan.
- Next, make 6 wells in the mashed potatoes for the eggs. Crack eggs into the wells.
- Sprinkle remaining bacon and cheese on top of potatoes.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the whites of eggs are just set but yolks are still slightly runny. If you prefer your eggs more done bake longer.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.