Lightened-Up Breakfast Skillet
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 25
Lose the fat but not the flavor. A classic combo of eggs, hash browns and spinach – liberally peppered with crispy chicken bacon that’s less substitute than substantial.
Products Near You
- 7 slices al fresco Uncured Original Chicken Bacon
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (20 oz) package Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Brown
- 4 large eggs, lightly scrambled
- 2 cups firmly packed baby spinach
- to taste salt
- In a large skillet, warm the bacon by placing it in a heated pan over medium heat. Cook for about 45 seconds then remove and cool. Chop the bacon coarsely.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet and add the hash browns. Press them lightly in the pan.
- Cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of oil over the potatoes and then flip. Cook until brown and crisp.
- Add the eggs and spinach to the hash browns and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and stir constantly to cook the eggs through. Stir in the chopped bacon and cook until the spinach has wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.