Country Style Chicken Sausage Breakfast Hash
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 20
Make your breakfast complete by topping each serving of hash with a poached or fried egg.
Products Near You
- 1 (8 ounce) package al fresco Country Style Chicken Sausage
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Pinch salt and pepper
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet saute al fresco Country Style Chicken Sausage, onions and peppers over medium heat until sausage is browned. Remove mixture from pan, slice sausage then set aside mixture in a medium mixing bowl. In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; add Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns. Spread in an even layer and press down lightly with spatula. Cook 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown on bottom.
- Drizzle with an additional 1 tablespoon oil. Turn over the hash browns with a spatula. Continue cooking 6 to 8 minutes or until they are golden brown and tender, turning again if necessary.
- Add sour cream and mustard to cooked sausage mixture and stir until well blended. Combine mixture into skillet with the hash browns and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Optional: Top with an over-easy egg and fresh chives!