Tex-Mex Egg and Potato Skillet
Prep Time: 25
Tired of the same ole’ breakfast? Jazz things up with this tasty Tex Mex skillet meal of eggs and hash browns.
Products Near You
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 package (16 ounces) Bob Evans® Egg Whites*
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Crystal Farms® Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add Simply Potatoes and red pepper. Spread in an even layer; press down lightly with spatula. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown on bottom.
- Drizzle Simply Potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil. Turn Simply Potatoes over with spatula (do this in sections). Continue cooking 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and tender, turning once more if necessary. Remove Simply Potatoes from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add butter to skillet; heat until melted. Add Better’n Eggs®, cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until Better’n Eggs® are set but still moist.
- Return Simply Potatoes to skillet; gently mix with Better’n Eggs®. Sprinkle with cilantro and cheese. Heat until cheese is melted. Top with salsa and sour cream.