Sweet Potato Casserole with Bacon and Apples
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 30
Homey and wholesome. This seasonal blend of cinnamon-dashed sweet potatoes, juicy apples and crispy bacon pairs perfectly warm fires and good friends.
Products Near You
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 package (20 oz) Simply Potatoes Diced Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced into 1” cubes
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 375°. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onions until soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add potatoes, apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to onions and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to a 9”x13” baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Pour apple juice on top. Cover pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle top with cooked bacon and bake for 10 additional minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.