Spicy Manhattan Clam Chowder
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 25
This lighter clam chowder recipe is rich and spicy with fire-roasted tomatoes and steakhouse-seasoned potatoes. It’s a nice departure from the heaviness of creamy New England-style clam chowders.
Products Near You
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic; finely chopped
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Steakhouse Diced Potatoes with Onions
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes; undrained
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams; undrained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large soup kettle over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in potatoes, broth and clam juice. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes with juices, clams with juices, salt and pepper. Cook about 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve soup sprinkled with parsley, with crackers alongside.