Smothered Hash Browns
Prep Time: 25
Cook Time: 5
This delicious 30-minute skillet is quick and easy to make.
Products Near You
- 4 ½ Tbsps. Butter, divided
- 4 ea. Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1 ½ Tbsps. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ cups Milk, whole
- tt Kosher Salt
- tt Black Pepper, ground
- ½ tsp. Hot Sauce
- 2 tsps. Vegetable Oil
- 2 ea. Eggs
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Hash Browns
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt 1 ½ Tbsps. of the butter. Add the sausage patties and stir to crumble. Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the milk and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add the hot sauce and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Reserve.
- In a non-stick sauté pan over medium-low heat, add the vegetable oil and eggs. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until the egg whites have set and the yolks remain runny. Reserve.
- In an 8-inch cast iron skillet over high heat, melt the remaining 3 Tbsps. of butter. Add the Simply Potatoes hash browns. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are nicely browned and crispy, about 7 minutes.
- Top the potatoes with biscuit pieces, sausage gravy, and sunny-side-up eggs. Serve family style.