Shortcut Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 25
An easy way to transform a simple classic into a holiday favorite. Creamy potatoes mashed up with cheese and crispy bacon bits — can you say “seconds?”
Products Near You
- 2 packages Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (2.8 oz) package crumbled real bacon (about ¾ cup), divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the mashed potatoes according to the package instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder with about half of the cheese and half of the bacon. Mix well. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining bacon. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese. Return to the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle with the green onions and serve.