Mexican Potato Sausage Casserole
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: -19
Our Southwest Hash Browns and spicy sausage give this hearty egg bake real Mexican flavor. It makes a great brunch dish or easy dinner.
Products Near You
- 12 ounces ground chorizo or Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8 or 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet cook sausage and green pepper over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is browned and cooked through; drain.
- Place half of the Simply Potatoes in prepared baking dish. Top with half of the sausage and 3/4 cup of cheese; repeat.
- Combine eggs and milk in medium bowl; beat well with fork. Pour egg mixture evenly over layered mixture in pan. Cover with foil; bake for 45 minutes. Uncover; add chopped tomato and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.