Leek and Potato Soup
Cook Time: 45
The leek looks like a giant green onion. It is related to the garlic and the onion, but has a much milder flavor.
Products Near You
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 strips uncooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup leeks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Homestyle Slices, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces Crystal Farms® Cream Cheese, softened, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Crystal Farms® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In 2-quart saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add bacon, leeks and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until bacon is slightly crisp. Drain grease. Add chicken broth and Simply Potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes or until Simply Potatoes are tender.
- Spoon half of soup mixture into blender container. Pulse blender on medium speed several times to puree potato mixture. Return pureed mixture to saucepan. Add all remaining ingredients. Cook on low until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.