Irish Potato Pancakes
Cook Time: 20
With recipe-ready Simply Potatoes, comfort food is even more comforting. Known in Ireland as Boxty, these griddlecakes are made with mashed and shredded potatoes mixed with bacon bits and Cheddar cheese.
Products Near You
- 2 slices uncooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes® Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet cook bacon and onions until browned. Remove from skillet. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease. Set aside bacon and onions.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl stir together Simply Potatoes, baking mix, cheese, cooked bacon and onions. Stir in milk and egg just until moistened.
- Heat bacon grease in skillet over medium heat. Spoon four generous ¼ cups of potato mixture into skillet at a time. Flatten slightly into pancakes. Cook each pancake about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Use additional vegetable oil in skillet if needed.