Huevos Rancheros Hash Brown Casserole
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 50
Nothing says “buenos dias” quite like this Mexican-inspired egg dish.
Products Near You
- 1 bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, sliced
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend (i.e. Crystal Farms® Shredded Mexican 4 Cheese)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the hash brown potatoes, melted butter, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Transfer to a 3-quart baking dish and bake for 25 minutes until crispy. Reserve.
- In a large sauté pan over high heat, sauté the onions and peppers in 2 tablespoons of oil for 5 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Top the baked hash browns with the sautéed onion and peppers. Drizzle the enchilada sauces evenly over the potatoes and vegetables. Layer the tortilla chips over the top and sprinkle with shredded Mexican cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, cook the eggs sunny-side-up in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Layer gently over casserole and serve immediately.