Hash Browns Breakfast Stacks
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 40
Layer upon layer of crispy fried hash browns, scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese drizzled with savory sausage gravy. Nothing stacks up to a recipe like this.
Products Near You
- 1/2 cup sausage gravy
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 sweet Italian sausage links
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- to taste nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (20 oz) package Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 6 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 6 oz. shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Make the sausage gravy by melting the one tablespoon of butter in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Remove the sausage meat from the casings and place in the pan with the butter. Stir with a wooden spoon until browned and crumbled, about three minutes.
- Add the flour, mustard, nutmeg, salt and pepper and stir and cook for two minutes.
- Add cold milk one third at a time and whip with a whisk between each third.
- Adjust by adding more milk if you like the gravy thinner. Set aside on a low flame.
- Divide the shredded potatoes into nine portions about ½ cup each. Using a four inch cookie cutter, place each portion into the cutter and press with the back of a spoon to form nine round discs.
- Heat a Panini press to the hottest possible setting.
- Once the press is hot, butter the bottom plate and place two or three potato discs onto the butter then brush the tops with butter and pull down the top press. Cook each batch five minutes or until crispy and browned. Set each aside while you continue to cook.
- Mix eggs with milk and in a large skillet, cook scrambled eggs by first spraying pan with spray.
- To assemble, place one disc on each of three plates and top each with one sixth of the eggs and one once of cheese. Place a second disc over the cheese and repeat with the remaining eggs and cheese. Top with the last three discs and pour the sausage gravy over the top.
- Finally top with the optional chopped chives and serve.