Gluten-Free Irish Style Potato Pancakes
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: -12
Known in Ireland as Boxty, these griddlecakes are a delightful combination of mashed and shredded potatoes with bacon bits and Cheddar cheese. And this recipe is gluten-free!
Products Near You
- 2 slices uncooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes® Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet cook bacon and onions until browned. Remove from skillet. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease. Set aside bacon and onions.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl stir together Simply Potatoes, baking mix, cheese, cooked bacon and onions. Stir in milk and egg just until moistened.
- Heat bacon grease in skillet over medium heat. Spoon four generous 1/4 cups of potato mixture into skillet at a time. Flatten slightly into pancakes. Cook each pancake about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Use additional vegetable oil in skillet if needed.