Chorizo Hash Brown Casserole
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 40
Add a little heat to your holiday with this bold and spicy brunch casserole. With golden brown potatoes swimming in gooey cheese and flavor-packed chorizo this recipe is guaranteed to be a new family favorite.
Products Near You
- 1/2 lb Mexican chorizo
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package (20 oz) Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 package (8oz) shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F and grease a 2-quart or 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Cook and crumble chorizo in a nonstick pan. Once it is crumbled, add onion and jalapeño and cook until onion is soft. Transfer chorizo mixture to a medium bowl. Leave the grease from the chorizo in the pan and add the olive oil to it.
- Heat over medium-high heat and add the Simply Potatoes Hash Browns. Cook just long enough to brown the hash browns some and then transfer them to the prepared baking dish. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and egg. Pour on top of hash browns and use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to mix into the hash browns.
- Add enchilada sauce to bowl with chorizo mixture and stir to combine. Add chorizo mixture on top of hash browns.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 more minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top if desired.