Chicken Salsa Verde Casserole
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: -14
Love the kick of southwest flavors? This very easy casserole is a one-dish dinner. Mesquite-seasoned chicken and Southwest Style hash browns topped with cheese, salsa, onions and avocado.
Products Near You
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 1 package (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mesquite or chipotle seasoning
- 2/3 cup salsa verde (green salsa)**
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- chopped avocado
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spray 13x9 inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place Simply Potatoes and sour cream in baking dish; stir together. Spread Simply Potatoes evenly over bottom of baking dish. Rub both sides of each chicken thigh with mesquite seasoning. Place on top of potatoes. Cover; bake 40 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover; top chicken with salsa verde. Sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve chicken and potatoes with avocado and green onions as a garnish.