Chicken and Mashed Potato Dumpling Soup
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 40
A true comfort food, classic chicken soup can be a hearty meal. The dumplings are quick and easy to make with Simply Potatoes.
Products Near You
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes; Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 stalks celery; chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie or cooked chicken
- 1 bay leaf
- In medium bowl stir together all dumpling ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or 12-inch skillet*. Add carrots, celery and onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add chicken broth, chicken, bay leaf and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook about 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Bring soup back to a boil. Divide dumpling mixture into 12 large balls. Drop dumplings on top of soup in single layer. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes. Cover; cook 10 minutes until dumplings are no longer dough underneath.