Cheese Stuffed Bacon Mashed Potato Balls
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 25
Crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside. Move over, mashed potatoes, there’s a new side dish in town.
Products Near You
- 2 slices turkey bacon, diced
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheddar cheese
- 1 block cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko or Italian bread crumbs
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat while you form the balls.
- Open the simply potatoes mashed potato plate and drain any liquid that has settled. In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, shredded cheese and cooked bacon.
- With lightly floured hands - pick up a tablespoon sized ball of potato mixture and flatten into a small pancake. Place cube of cheddar in the center and wrap the potato mixture around the cheese. Repeat for the remaining balls.
- Place flour, bread crumbs, and remaining egg in three separate bowls. Coat the potato ball in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
- Fry the potatoes in batches until crispy and golden on all sides, about 8-10 mins. Transfer fried potato balls to paper towels to drain excess oil. Serve alone or with marinara sauce.