Candied Bacon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 40
A side dish with all the decadence of dessert. Candied bacon and buttery sweet potatoes peppered with cinnamon-sugar and golden raisins make this recipe the perfect storm of sweet and savory.
Products Near You
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 package (20 oz) Simply Potatoes Diced Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°. To make candied bacon, melt the butter and combine with brown sugar. Place half of the butter/brown sugar mixture into a medium bowl (reserving the other half for the sweet potatoes) and add the bacon pieces.
- Stir well to coat the bacon. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the bacon evenly upon it. Bake for 15 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent burning until the bacon starts to become crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Spray a 9x13” pan with baking spray. Combine Simply Potatoes Diced Sweet Potatoes in large bowl with reserved butter/brown sugar mixture, cinnamon, ground cloves, raisins, salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
- Pour potato mixture into prepared pan. Bake uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are almost fork-tender. Place candied bacon on top of sweet potatoes and return to oven for 5 minutes.