Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 15
Rise and Shine! This breakfast chimichanga will add a spicy kick to start your day on the right foot.
Products Near You
- 7 tsp., divided Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 cup Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes with Onion
- tt Kosher Salt
- tt Black Pepper, ground
- 2 ea. Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1 ea. Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ea. Flour Tortilla, 12”
- 2 Tbsp. Onion, diced and griddled
- 2 Tbsp. Poblano Pepper, diced and roasted
- 6 Tbsp., divided Enchilada Sauce
- Preheat broiler.
- In a non-stick sauté pan over high heat, add 2 tsp. of oil and the Simply Potatoes diced potatoes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes until potatoes are tender and lightly browned. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a separate non-stick sauté pan over high heat, add 1 tsp. of oil and breakfast sausage patties. Cook, stirring continuously, until the sausage is crumbled and fully cooked. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a separate non-stick sauté pan over high heat, add 2 tsp. of oil and the lightly beaten egg. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Scramble the egg until fully cooked. Reserve.
- For the chimichanga, layer the cooked potatoes, sausage, scrambles egg, griddled onion, roasted poblano peppers, 2 Tbsp. of enchilada sauce, and 2 Tbsp. of shredded cheese in the center of the tortilla. Fold the sides of the tortilla toward the center and wrap the opposite ends to close.
- In a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add the remaining 2 tsp. oil. Place the chimichanga in the pan seam-side-down to seal. Rotate the chimichanga to brown on all sides.
- Top the chimichanga with the remaining 4 Tbsp. enchilada sauce and 2 Tbsp. of cheese. Broil until hot and cheese is melted.