Beef and Potato Zucchini Boats
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 20
How can something this easy to make, full of flavor, and completely addicting be low carb, low cal, and gluten free? With these zucchini boats, your ship has come in.
Products Near You
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup marinara sauce (divided)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 3 large zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise and scooped out to create a "boat"
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- diced tomatoes
- diced avocado
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large skillet or pot to high heat. Add olive oil and onion. Cook onion until golden. Add ground beef, garlic and spices. Cook ground beef for 3-5 minutes or until fully browned. Add ½ cup marinara sauce and potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- While the ground beef is cooking, cut zucchini lengthwise in half; scoop out centers, leaving ¼-inch-thick shells. Combine ½ cup water and 1 cup marinara sauce in a large 13x9 casserole dish. Place zucchini boats in sauce, divide beef mixture evenly into zucchini boats, top with cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is fully melted. Top with fresh diced tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro.