Bacon and Potato Chowder
Cook Time: 30
A steaming cup of rich, hearty chowder warms the soul on a cold, rainy day. Ready in 30 minutes.
Products Near You
- 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes with Onions
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook bacon in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until crisp; drain grease. Add carrots. Continue cooking 2 minutes or until crisp tender. Stir in Simply Potatoes and flour.
- Slowly stir in broth and water. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken. Reduce heat to medium-low, cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are tender. Stir in milk. Continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper.