30-Minute Irish Skillet
Cook Time: 30
A touch of bacon and a splash of apple juice enhance the savory flavors in this traditional beef, potato and cabbage dish. Enjoy this easy skillet dinner on nights when there’s no time to cook.
Products Near You
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 slices uncooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup apple juice or water
- In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon, ground beef and onion in 12-inch nonstick skillet until meat is browned. Drain grease. Add cabbage, beef broth, apple juice and salt.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook until cabbage is tender. Stir in cooked hash browns.