Privacy & Legal
Last Updated: November 23, 2020
- What Type of Information Do We Collect?
- What Information Do We Share with or Disclose to Third Parties?
- Public Forums
- Update Your Personal Information
- Opting Out of Bob Evans Farm Fresh Ideas Email
- Job Applications and Communications Regarding Applications
- Privacy of Children on Our Web Site
- Links to Other Web Sites and Services
- Questions or Concerns
What Type of Information Do We Collect?
We gather information through two means – navigational information gathered when you visit our Web site and personal information that you provide to us. Generally, the information we collect online helps us respond to your requests, deliver requested services to or for you, and personalize and continually improve your experience at BobEvansGrocery.com. There are additional disclosures for California residents in the California Privacy Rights section below.
When visiting our Web site, BobEvansGrocery.com gathers navigational information about where visitors go on our Web site and how our site is working. This information allows us to see which areas of our Web site are most visited and the efficiencies of our site for our visitors. We can thus improve the quality of our visitors’ experience by recognizing and delivering more of the features, services and products our visitors prefer. Additional non-personally identifiable information (for example, domain type, browser version, service provider and IP address) may be collected, which provides additional information regarding a visitor’s use of our Web site. We use this information on an aggregate basis to evaluate the effectiveness of our Web site, to analyze trends and to administer the Web site.
We may ask you to provide personal information when you establish or update an email account, sign up to receive emails or other marketing materials from BobEvansGrocery.com, submit a video or a photograph, submit a corporate giving request, send a recipe to a friend, contact us, participate in a contest, complete an employment application, or utilize any other feature where we may need to reply to your activity.
The personal information we collect may include name, postal address, email address, telephone number, recipient’s name and address, order information, and any other information you choose to provide. If you submit an employment application the information you submit may also include a resume, the type of position you are seeking, your educational background, work experience, salary requirements, and any other information you choose to provide.
What Information Do We Share with or Disclose to Third Parties?
We use third parties to help us provide services to you, monitoring site activity, conducting surveys, providing location information, and administering emails or contests that may occasionally be offered at this Web site or affiliated microsites. If personally identifiable information (i.e., name, address, email address, telephone number) is provided by us or by you directly to any of these third parties, we will require that such information be maintained by them in confidence. Information you provide directly to our third-party service provider for electronic online investor information may be shared with us. We may also share information with companies in whom we own an interest, for example, Owens Foods. We also reserve the right to share information within the family of companies owned by our ultimate parent company, Post Holdings, Inc.
You should also be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our Web site, the site or the public.
BobEvansGrocery.com or microsites operated or provided by us, Bob Evans Farms, Inc. or any of its affiliates may make forums available to its users at various times or the ability for users of the Web site or microsite to upload photographs or videos. Please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas (including uploading photos and videos into these areas that contain your image). Bob Evans may also have specific Requirements and Terms for these features, and you must agree to comply with all of these terms and requirements prior to your initial use of and uploading to these public forums.
Update Your Personal Information
We prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. To do this, we provide you with the opportunity to update or modify your Bob Evans Farm Fresh Ideas email account by logging in to your account using your password via https://befcontactform.powerappsportals.com/.
Opting Out of Bob Evans Farm Fresh Ideas Email
If you previously signed up to receive Bob Evans Farm Fresh Ideas marketing materials via email but would now like to be removed from the Bob Evans email marketing lists, you can use the “unsubscribe” feature on our emails or send your request to BEConsumerRelations@BobEvansFoods.com.
Job Applications and Communications Regarding Applications
WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
For this purpose, we process the following personal information: your first, middle, and last names, your mailing address, including city, state, and zip code, your email address, your phone number, including primary and secondary phone numbers, your gender, your ethnic origin, your veteran status, your voluntary self-identification of disability, your work experience, including job titles, company names, and dates of employment, and your education, including the names of the schools you attended, your level of education, your degree, including majors and minors, and the dates of your school attendance.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process your Personal Data in order to make employment decisions.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We store your personal information for three years after you provide the personal information to us, unless we are required by law to store the personal information for a longer period in which case we store the personal information for the period required by applicable law.
WHAT IS THE BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Privacy of Children on Our Web Site
To ensure compliance with federal law, the general portions of BobEvansGrocery.com and any microsites operated or provided by Bob Evans Farms, Inc. or any of its affiliates that reference this policy do not knowingly collect or maintain information provided by children under the age of 13.
California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Web site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email through https://befcontactform.powerappsportals.com/ or by mail to Bob Evans Farms, LLC, 8200 Walton Parkway, New Albany, Ohio 43054.
Through our Web site, we collect information that constitutes “personal information” under the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act (the “CCPA”) as we collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device. In particular, our Web site has collected the following categories of personal information from its users (whether directly, indirectly (e.g., by observing your actions on the Web site) or from third parties) within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||YES|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||YES|
For the purposes of this Section and our compliance with the CCPA, “personal information” does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregated consumer information or information specifically excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data or personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Category D: Commercial information.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category G: Geolocation data.
Category I: Professional or employment-related information.
Category J: Non-public education information.
Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We disclosed this personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- email service providers;
- consumer relations providers, including consumer complaint response services;
- employee recruitment service providers;
- our marketing companies, including newsletter, taste test, contest, sweepstakes, and other promotion administrators; and
- legal representation, including with regard to prevention harm to our company, its subsidiaries, our products or services or a person or property (e.g., fraud prevention).
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and how to exercise those rights.
- Access and Data Portability Rights. You have the right to request that we disclose the categories and specific pieces of information we have collected and certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (please see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below for more information), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (please see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below for more information), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us, or our service provider(s), to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his/her free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us through one of the following:
- By telephone at 800-939-2338
- By email at BEConsumerRelations@BobEvansFoods.com
- By mail at Bob Evans Farms, LLC, 8200 Walton Parkway, New Albany, Ohio 43054.
Only you, or a natural person or person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize in writing, or otherwise properly authorize, to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- Response Timing and Format. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- No Personal Information Sales. We do not sell any personal information that we collect or use.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to the value to us of your personal information to us and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Links to Other Web Sites and Services
web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, advertising, products, or the content of such web sites. We urge you to review the privacy policies on each link to ensure that you are comfortable with their privacy policies and practices. In addition, none of the linked web sites that appear on our Web site should be deemed to imply that we endorse or have any affiliation with such web sites.
We accept online applications and resumes only from Web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. For example, 3.0 versions or higher of Netscape Navigator and versions of 3.02 or higher of Internet Explorer. This means you’ll be unable to inadvertently submit an online application or resume through an unsecured connection. Please be aware, however, that any information sent through the Contact Us feature on this Web site is not sent through an encrypted or secured connection.
In addition, we limit the number of employees that have access to the databases that contain personal information, and all our employees are advised of the importance of confidentiality.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at:
- By telephone at 800-939-2338
- By email at BEConsumerRelations@BobEvansFoods.com
By mail at Bob Evans Farms, LLC,
- 8200 Walton Parkway, New Albany, Ohio 43054.
The site is not intended for a European Union or United Kingdom audience.