Weeknight Turkey Hash Brown Casserole
Prep Time: 35
Cook Time: -34
Looking for a way to use leftover turkey? Create this fabulous casserole in 35 minutes!
Products Near You
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 strips bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry rubbed sage
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Crystal Farms® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crushed seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Crystal Farms® finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl stir together Simply Potatoes, turkey, mushrooms, broccoli, red pepper and onion; set aside.
- In 2 quart saucepan cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in flour and sage. Cook 1 minute or until flour is bubbly. Slowly add milk, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in cheese, cayenne pepper sauce and salt. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour bacon mixture over Simply Potatoes; stir until well mixed. Spread into prepared pan. Cover with aluminum foil; bake 35 minutes.
- In small bowl stir together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and butter. Sprinkle lightly over Simply Potatoes. Continue to bake, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes or until topping is golden brown and potatoes are tender.