Tex-Mex Chicken Sausage & Egg and Hash Brown Skillet
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 20
This quick cast iron skillet breakfast is a delicious favorite for everyone…make it for someone you love!
Products Near You
- 1 (8 ounce) package al fresco Country Style Chicken Sausage
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup low sodium Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- salsa (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add Simply Potatoes® and red pepper, spreading in an even layer; pressing down lightly with spatula. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown on bottom.
- Turn potatoes over with spatula (do this in sections). Continue cooking 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and tender, turning once more if necessary. Remove potatoes from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add chicken sausage and gently brown the chicken sausage. Remove and keep warm. Remove from skillet, slice lengthwise, then into 1/4" pieces and cover to keep warm.
- Add butter to skillet; heat until melted. Add eggs, cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set but still moist. Return potatoes and chicken sausage to skillet; gently mix with cooked eggs and black beans. Sprinkle with cilantro and cheese. Heat until cheese is melted. Top with salsa and sour cream and sliced jalapeno.