Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: -12
Beef stew doesn’t get any easier than in a slow cooker. Make it in the morning and leave it unattended until dinner time.
Products Near You
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 cup rutabaga, cubed
- 1 cup baby-cut carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add stew meat; cook until browned. Drain grease.
- In 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, combine browned meat and all remaining ingredients except water and flour. Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours.
- In small bowl, combine water and flour; stir until mixture is smooth. Slowly stir flour mixture into stew. Increase heat to HIGH. Cover; cook 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.