Pesto Penne Pasta with Green Beans and Potatoes
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 25
Tossing pasta with savory cooked potatoes and herbs is a specialty of northern Italy. It’s a satisfying pairing that gets even better with fresh green beans, zucchini, and sweet bell pepper. Boost the protein in this recipe by stirring in a handful of cooked cannellini or garbanzo beans.
Products Near You
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Red Potato Wedges
- 12 ounces uncooked penne or fusilli pasta
- 1 pound fresh green beans; cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red bell pepper; cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic; finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but after first 5 minutes add green beans. Continue cooking until pasta and beans are just tender (about 13 minutes total). Drain well, reserving 1/3 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir red pepper and garlic 1 to 2 minutes. Add potatoes, pesto, salt and pepper to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute.
- In large serving bowl, toss hot cooked pasta and beans with pesto-potato mixture and reserved cooking liquid. Serve immediately garnished with cheese and freshly ground pepper.