Italian Sausage, Mushroom Hash Brown Cups
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 15
Savory Italian sausage, crisp veggies and two kinds of cheese in a crispy hash brown “cup”. Perfect for easy weekend breakfast or brunch!
Products Near You
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely copped red bell pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) Bob Evans® Egg Whites*
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Crystal Farms Finely Shredded Chedder Cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 12-cup regular muffin cup pan; set aside. In medium bowl stir Simply Potatoes, melted butter and salt until well mixed. Press about ¼ cup mixture into each muffin cup lining bottom and sides. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, brown Italian sausage in 10-inch skillet; drain grease. Add mushrooms and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Fill baked hash brown cups equally with sausage mixture.
- In small bowl stir Bob Evans® Egg Whitesand Italian seasoning until well blended. Pour equally into each muffin cup. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of egg cup comes out clean.