Hash Brown Quiche with Ham, Asparagus and Swiss
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 35
This is a perfect quiche to serve for Easter Brunch. This recipe was created especially for Simply Potatoes by Kristy Bernardo at The Wicked Noodle.
Products Near You
- 1 package Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup diced ham*
- 1 cup Crystal Farms, Finely Shredded Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, mix together Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, melted butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Press all but 1 1/2 cups of potato mixture onto the sides and bottom of a 9-inch pie pan to form a crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and egg yolks in large mixing bowl until pale yellow and frothy. Add cream, milk and remaining salt; mix thoroughly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle diced ham over hash brown crust then top with shredded cheese. Carefully pour in egg mixture. Place asparagus spears on top, lightly pressing into egg mixture. Bake for 25 minutes or until top is browned but quiche is still very slightly underdone.
- Remove quiche from oven and cover top of quiche with remaining Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns. Be sure to cover edges so they don’t burn. Place back in oven and broil for 5-7 minutes until quiche is completely cooked and hash brown top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let set for 15-20 minutes before serving. Quiche can be served warm or at room temperature.
- * Leftover holiday ham is perfect for this recipe but pancetta or bacon would be a nice substitute.