Cabbage Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 15
Known in Ireland as Colcannon, this centuries-old side dish gets its great flavor from shredded cabbage and onions. Serve this gluten-free mashed potatoes recipe Irish-style with a dollop of melted butter.
Products Near You
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage or kale
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Mashed Potatoes
- 1/4 cup milk
- In large saucepan heat cabbage and water until water boils. Cover; reduce heat to medium. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until cabbage is soft. Drain water. Cover cabbage to keep warm; set aside.
- In saucepan melt butter. Add onions. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft and lightly golden. Stir in Simply Potatoes, cooked cabbage and milk. Cook over low heat until potatoes are heated through. Season with salt and pepper.