Breakfast Shepherd’s Pie
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 30
Simply Potatoes, hearty bacon, spices, and eggs come together in this delicious breakfast version of the classic Shepherd’s Pie. This recipe was the People’s Choice Winner in our Ready, Set, Cook! Contest.
Products Near You
- 6 slices Bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 Crystal Farms® eggs
- 1/4 cup Crystal Farms® crumbled feta cheese
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeño chile (optional)
- 1 can (15 ounces) corned beef hash
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8x8-inch baking dish. Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp; drain bacon on paper towel and crumble into pieces. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon fat in skillet.
- Add green onion and garlic to skillet over medium-high; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Beat eggs in a bowl with a fork; season with salt and pepper. Stir in feta, bacon, green onion and garlic. Pour egg mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes, bell pepper and chiles. Cook and stir 12 minutes or until tender; season with salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder.
- Heat corned beef hash in a small saucepan until hot.
- When egg mixture is done, remove from oven. Spread corned beef hash evenly over eggs, then spoon potato mixture on top. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Return casserole to oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.