Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 60
biscuits and gravy with this spicy rendition of the classic breakfast combo.
Products Near You
- 1 package Simply Potatoes DicedPotatoes
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper, divided
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- � cup Flour
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 1 16-ounce package Refrigerated Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add diced potatoes to a 9x13 baking dish and season with paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and � teaspoon of salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Roast potatoes for 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- About 15 minutes before potatoes are done, add the sausage to a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks.
- When sausage is cooked through, sprinkle with flour and stir well to combine. Cook 1 minute.
- Add milk and remaining salt and pepper to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, for 6 minutes or until gravy has thickened slightly. The gravy should be thinner than a traditional breakfast gravy as it will thicken in the oven.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and stir. Pour the gravy over the top.
- Cut the biscuits into 4 pieces each and arrange evenly over the top of the gravy.
- Return to the oven for 28-30 minutes or until biscuits are browned and cooked through.