Baked Salmon Croquettes
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 25
“Croquette” is the French name for crispy fish, meat, or vegetable patties. Traditionally they’re deep fried, but in this recipe we’ve baked the salmon patties instead. They’re just as crispy and tasty, but easier and healthier.
Products Near You
- 1 can (14 3/4 ounces) cooked red sockeye salmon, drained, larger bones and skin removed
- 1/2 cup Simply Potatoes® Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Mash salmon, potatoes, celery, carrot, onion, bell pepper, egg, lemon juice, salt and pepper in medium bowl with a fork until well blended. Form croquette mixture into 8 oval patties, using a generous ¼ cup per croquette.
- Meanwhile, place baking sheet in oven for 5 minutes or until hot. Remove from oven, coat with cooking spray, then arrange croquettes on foil. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until browned on bottom and firm to the touch.
- Serve warm croquettes with sauce*, if desired.