Apple Sausage Quiche with Hash Brown Crust
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 60
Filled with apple maple chicken sausage, cheddar and parmesan cheese in a crispy hash brown crust, this quiche is baked to perfection and can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Products Near You
- 1 (8 ounce) package al fresco Apple Maple Chicken Sausage
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup low sodium cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons low sodium Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Sauté al fresco Apple Breakfast Chicken Sausage over medium heat until browned. Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In medium bowl stir together Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns and butter. Press mixture into bottom and sides of pie plate to form a crust. Bake crust 20 minutes. Remove crust from oven, sprinkle cheeses, chives and parsley over bottom of crust. Slice browned sausage and layer over cheese. Beat eggs in medium bowl. Whisk in milk, salt and sugar until well blended. Carefully pour egg mixture over sausage layer; sprinkle with cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Arrange apple slices around outside edge of quiche, pressing down slightly into egg mixture to coat apples. Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°; bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.